Breast cancer, one of the most common types of cancer affecting women worldwide, represents about a quarter of all cancer deaths in women. This high mortality indicates the unmet needs of patients diagnosed with breast cancer and has resulted in a surge in demand for mammography devices in developing countries and upgrade or replacement to digital mammography systems, Full Field Digital Mammography (FFDM) and 3-D mammography systems from analogue mammography systems in developed nations. This has enhanced the growth of the global mammography market which is projected to be $2.8 billion by 2020.
Also, the acceptance of early diagnosis has increased among people as a result of enhanced breast cancer awareness, initiation of breast screening programs, evolution in technologies and steps to improve reimbursement policies by various governments. Yet factors like high risk of exposure to radiation, false diagnosis, uncomfortable procedure, risk of occurrence of interval cancer and lack of female technicians are restraining the market growth.
Among mammography systems, digital mammography has the largest market in the US, Europe, Australia and Japan but it is relatively a newer technology for the underpenetrated markets for mammography, like the rest of the Asia Pacific. For the rest of APAC and other developing economies, FFDM systems would become major centers of growth in the longer run.
The leading player in this segment is Hologic, Inc. (Nasdaq: HOLX) with considerable share in the global mammography systems market in 2013. The other key players in this space are Carestream Health, Esaote, FUJIFILM Holdings Corp. (TSE: 4901), GE Healthcare, Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), Internazionale Medico Scientifica Srl., Mindray Medical International Limited (FRA: G2N), PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI), Philips Healthcare (AMS: PHIA), Planmed Oy, Sectra AB, Shimadzu Corp. (TSE: 7701), Siemens Healthcare, SonoCine, Inc. and Toshiba Medical Systems Corp. (TSE: 6502).
'Global Mammography Systems Market Forecast and Opportunity Assessment, 2007-2020', a strategic market report published by ABMRG recently, provides a comprehensive analysis of the global mammography market covering regions like the US,Europe and APAC. It puts forth a detailed overview of historical trends and forecasts (2007-2020) as well as the annualized trends for sales in terms of value and volume, market growth, pricing (Average Selling Price-ASP), competitive landscape and market share. It also offers a cross-category comparison for the historical and forecast period, market drivers, market restrains and challenges. In addition, it presents an inclusive account of global industry developments for the past two years, including M&As, partnerships, clinical studies, pipeline, product approvals and launches, recalls and litigations.
Why one should buy this report
The report can be instrumental in strategic decision making pertaining to:
- Competitive mammography system launches - global or regional or individual countries.
- Capital investments based on the forecast for high potential mammography system.
- Capitalization of opportunities in high-growth geographies and attractive mammography markets.
- Identification of in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities, and recognizing potential business partners and M&A targets within the mammography market.
- Procurement of raw material and inventory well in advance for the mammography system companies.
- Preparation of management and strategic presentations for investors and shareholders.
- Managerial presentations to the management.
- This report is an essential source for in-depth information and data relating to the global mammography market. It also offers detailed and comprehensive coverage of market revenue, volume, distribution and company share information.